The basic settings of the plugin can be set up in the General Settings tab. Billing address properties and shipping address properties can be separately altered using the plugin. Following are the options available in the General Settings.
In this article:
- Enable Multiple Addresses (Checkbox): Once this checkbox is enabled, the multiple addresses option will be available for the particular address (billing or shipping).
- Display Type: There are two different choices to display the additional shipping addresses in the checkout form:
- Display Position: This property gives you a choice to display the address list above or below the corresponding section.
- Display Style: The multiple addresses option can be displayed either as a button or as a link, according to your necessity. The button and link will adopt styles from the default theme styles so that you won't have to put in extra effort for styling.
- Display Text: In here, you can provide a display text for the multiple addresses option, to show on the checkout form.
- Address Limit: Using the address limit property, you can input the limit for adding additional addresses.
Once editing the settings, make sure to Save the Changes.
Display Type - Billing and Shipping Address
There are two different display type options for Billing addresses and Shipping addresses: Pop Up and Drop Down. In the popup option, shipping multiple addresses will open up as a popup, with address boxes displayed horizontally. If you choose the drop-down option, a drop-down with a list of addresses will be displayed. Choose one of them from the billing display type drop-down and save the changes.
- Pop-Up Style
- Drop-down Style
By Default, up to 20 addresses can be inserted from My Account → Addresses using the plugin. This can be increased or decreased by entering the limit at the Insert Address limit option.
- Go to Woocommerce → Manage address → General Settings.
- Enter the maximum number of addresses that can be entered at Addresses in the Insert Address Limit field.
- Save the changes.
Ship products to different locations within an order.
To ship products to multiple addresses within a single order, enable the “Allow products to be sent to different locations within an order” checkbox.
Exclude some products from multi-shipping
By clicking on the dropdown on the right side, you can search and select any product you do not want to include in multiple shipping options.
You can add or remove products as needed.
Exclude some categories from multi-shipping
By clicking on the dropdown on the right side, you can search and select any category you do not want to include in multiple shipping options.
You can add or remove categories as needed.
Multi-shipping for product variations
Facilitate the multi-shipping option for variant products by enabling the “Multi-shipping for product variations” checkbox.
Manage each shipping status within the order
The shipping status of each item in a single order can be separated into different individual order statuses.
For that, disable “Manage each shipping status within the order” checkbox
Add the same products distinctly to the cart
Excess quantities of products from the same category can be split and added to the cart. Enable the “Add the same products distinctly to the cart” checkbox.
Allow guest users to have multi-shipping privileges with a time limit.
The time frame can be set as per minute/hour/day.
Choose a time frame from the drop-down menu, then adjust the duration to suit your needs from the number picker menu.
From the Display Text Settings, you can edit the labels for Multiple address picking URL, Add shipping address URL, and Multiple shipping Checkbox.