This option allows you to set a price for your checkout fields, and this price will be added to the order total based on the field value. This feature is useful when you want to collect an additional fee for your additional services.
To set price for a field:
- Navigate to the WooCommerce → Checkout Form → Checkout Fields page.
- Open the field property form popup.
- Click on the Add Field button to open the popup form if you are setting the price for a new field.
- Click on the Edit Field button to open the popup form if you are setting the price for an existing field.
The custom fields in the checkout form now have a Price option that lets you choose the price type for the corresponding field.
The changes on the subtotal amount depend on the chosen price type and the product price.
The available price types are:
- Fixed: To add a predefined price to the total amount.
- Custom: The shopper can enter a specific amount and it gets added to their subtotal. It helps them to add donations or contribute to any other charitable services.
- Percentage of Cart Contents Total: A specific percentage of the cart total gets added to the total amount.
- Percentage of Subtotal: A specific percentage of the subtotal gets added with the whole amount.
- Percentage of Subtotal Ex Tax: A specific percentage of the subtotal can be added by excluding the tax amount.
- Dynamic: You can set a price based on individual units. Here, the total price will be calculated as per the number of units purchased by the shopper.